NOW HIRING – DIETARY AIDE
This is Us
At The Hamlets, our mission is developing and operating communities of care focused on quality outcomes in a safe environment through innovation and responsiveness to the changing needs of those we serve. We are committed to the development of self esteem, self confidence and trust in a community that fosters mutual respect, trust, teamwork and open communication for everyone. We believe that individuals are inherently precious and are committed to supporting a person’s attainment of the highest physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
This is You
You went into healthcare because you want to make a positive impact in the day to day lives of the people to whom you provide care. You work well independently but like to be part of a multidisciplinary team. You believe in open, positive communication and in contributing to make your place of work great. You enjoy the variety that working with people brings to your workday.
This is the Opportunity
Under the supervision of the Support Services Manager or the Cook in charge, the Dietary Aide is responsible for serving meals, setting tables, cleaning designated areas, portioning of beverages, cereals and desserts, operating the dish machine and the general clean up of the kitchen and the dining rooms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves meals to residents according to their dietary restrictions and individual preferences.
- Serves appropriate meals and beverages to residents in a way that encourages independent feeding, noting appetite changes, feeding difficulties and food preferences and reports this information to the supervisor.
- Reads and understands relevant departmental and interdepartmental communications including the diet kardex.
- Sets up the dining room and servery prior to meal service and cleans and sanitizes these areas following meal service.
- Operates the dish machine following correct procedures. Washes pots, pans, and other wares as well as dishes and puts them away when clean.
- Puts away food and supplies in the appropriate storage areas observing proper stock rotation.
- Portions beverages, cereals, and desserts according to portion control consistent with the direction from the Cook.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- Dispenses nourishments for transfer to different areas.
- Prepares fruit plates, and does other simple food assembly.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains sanitary conditions by routinely cleaning work areas and equipment and practices safe food handling techniques.
- Participates in facility in-services and departmental meetings.
- Receives food and supplies in absence of the cook.
- Completes other assigned duties as requested by the Support Services Manager or the Cook in charge.
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent
- Food Safe Certificate
- Experience in Food Services Establishment in customer service oriented environment. Some experience in an institutional kitchen is preferred
- Must be in good health, able to lift heavy items and free from communicable diseases
- Able to work under pressure in a warm, noisy environment
- Must be well groomed and have high standards of personal hygiene
- Must have the ability to communicate tactfully and maturely when working with residents, staff, volunteers and guests
- Ability to read and write English and follow instructions
Job Types: Casual
Salary: From $20.56 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Please submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.