NOW HIRING – HOUSEKEEPING
This is Us
At The Hamlets, our mission is developing and operating communities of care focused on quality outcomes in a safe environment through innovation and responsiveness to the changing needs of those we serve. We are committed to the development of self esteem, self confidence and trust in a community that fosters mutual respect, trust, teamwork and open communication for everyone. We believe that individuals are inherently precious and are committed to supporting a person’s attainment of the highest physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
This is You
You went into healthcare because you want to make a positive impact in the day to day lives of the people to whom you provide care. You work well independently but like to be part of a multidisciplinary team. You believe in open, positive communication and in contributing to make your place of work great. You enjoy the variety that working with people brings to your workday.
This is the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Support Service Manager, the Housekeeping Aide performs a variety of housekeeping and laundering duties. Is responsible for the cleanliness and servicing of designated area(s) and the laundering of linens, resident clothing and other institutional items.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans areas such as floors, stairways, walls, windows, ceilings, and walkways by methods such as sweeping, spot washing, wet mopping, scrubbing, stripping, sealing, waxing, buffing, and polishing.
- Washes air vents and ducts; steam cleans items such as waste receptacles and dietary carts.
- Cleans carpets and rugs by methods such as vacuuming, shampooing, brushing and shaking.
- Cleans items such as furniture, woodwork, ledges, fixtures and blinds and reports any damaged and/or inoperable furniture and fixtures to supervisor. Empties individual and facility trash/garbage containers, soiled incontinent supply containers, gathers newspapers/periodicals and removes all to outside garbage containers.
- Cleans and disinfects washrooms and bathing rooms, replenishing items such as soap and towels as required.
- Strips and makes beds; cleans and tidies items such as cupboards, lockers, basins and tables; hangs and removes items such as drapes and bed curtains.
- Collects, sorts and stores soiled linen in a sanitary manner until laundered. Sort other laundry in appropriate manner.
- Mark any unidentified personal laundry.
- Operates laundry machines and dryers in accordance with approved loading limits. May use smaller household machines for more delicate personal items.
- Irons, presses and folds laundered items. Stacks, stores and/or delivers clean linens and laundry.
- Maintains accurate records of work and supplies and identifies and reports any linen/laundry items in need of adjustment or repair to the Support Service Manager.
- Locks windows and doors following facility security procedures.
- Cleans and maintains related equipment and reports any need for repair.
- Performs work with attention to the efficient use of soaps, polishes or similar supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a similar position(s) preferred but not essential;
- Completion of grade twelve or equivalent;
- Must be able to communicate in written and verbal English and be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Must be in good health and have the physical ability to stoop, lift and stretch compatible with these duties and be capable of standing in a hot, damp environment;
- Must have completed WHMIS course;
- Must be free from any allergies or related conditions which may be aggravated by work with detergents, soaps, etc;
- Must have a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must demonstrate the ability and temperament to deal effectively and cooperatively with other staff members, residents and visitors.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of seniors and young adults. Please submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com