Maintenance Worker – Casual
NOW HIRING – Maintenance Worker – Casual
$20.83 an hour – Full-time, Part-time, Casual
This is Us
At The Hamlets, our mission is developing and operating communities of care focused on quality outcomes in a safe environment through innovation and responsiveness to the changing needs of those we serve. We are committed to the development of self esteem, self confidence and trust in a community that fosters mutual respect, trust, teamwork and open communication for everyone. We believe that individuals are inherently precious and are committed to supporting a person’s attainment of the highest physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
This is You
You went into healthcare because you want to make a positive impact in the day to day lives of the people to whom you provide care. You work well independently but like to be part of a multidisciplinary team. You believe in open, positive communication and in contributing to make your place of work great. You enjoy the variety that working with people brings to your workday.
This is the Opportunity
Under the direct supervision of the Building Services Manager or Support Services Manager, performs a variety of maintenance duties related to buildings, grounds, and equipment such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting for all areas including the assisted living and independent living, administrative areas, interior and exterior gardens, and all of the hamlets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs carpentry maintenance as required, such as, assembling furniture, replacing glides on furniture, removing and replacing door handles and attaching items such as pictures, drapery tracks, and baseboards to walls.
- Performs preparation and painting maintenance to any area that requires attention.
- Performs mechanical maintenance on equipment such as, wheelchairs, beds, and carts by cleaning, greasing, oiling, and replacing broken and worn parts such as castors and filters.
- Performs maintenance on all equipment used to fulfill duties and responsibilities such as, changing oil, cleaning/replacing spark plugs, checking and topping up battery and other fluids.
- Performs electrical maintenance duties as required, such as, replacing light switches, electric plugs, extension cords, sockets and receptacles.
- Performs plumbing maintenance such as, unblocking sewer lines, replacing fixtures for flush tank mechanisms and faucets.
- Monitors and maintains aquatic pool such as, pool temperature, water level and chlorine content, if applicable.
- Ensures all areas are free of obstacles and unsafe equipment by proper storage of same.
- Assists Manager and/or journeyman contractors by performing duties such as cutting materials to specified measurements and drilling and taping holes.
- Maintains materials and supplies for assigned areas.
- Identifies and removes from use malfunctioning and/or defective equipment and supplies and reports promptly to the appropriate staff leader.
- Complies fully with all of the facilities and departmental work standards and policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Documents and records in our Preventative Maintenance program.
- Abides by all standards imposed on the care home including promoting a culture of safety.
- Minimum Grade 12 education, plus one-year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience;
- Training and/or experience in basic plumbing, electricity, building repairs and carpentry or equivalent;
- Previous experience in building/plant maintenance preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to operate related equipment;
- Ability to organize work;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to deal with others in an effective manner;
- Must be in good health, well-groomed, can capable of bending, stooping, heavy lifting up to 50lbs and walking.
- Ability to related to and work around residential care adults, staff and volunteers
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $20.83 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
The Hamlets at Vernon has extensive policies and procedures to protect against the COVID-19 virus.
maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of seniors and young adults. Please submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com